Saturday, April 2, 2011

Quick Update

Long slow day ion the office. Swim was a slowish 35:20 or so--a couple of minutes slower than last year. Probably three reasons: I'm not as fit swim-wise right now as I was, there was a bit of a swell which made for a messy swim up on the west end of the course, and I didn't think I swam that good of a race tactically.

Bike--I waas 15 minutes slower this year even though my average watts were just over 200 this year vs. 174 this year. The wind was tough--still, I didn't bike that well from a competitive standpoint.

Just cruised through the run-basically the same as last year. ended up with a 5:40 vs 5:22 last year.

Is what it is.

I did manage to finish highest in my AG %-tile wise with the XC folks and qualified for the IM70.3 World championship in Vegas on 9/11/11--which I did accept.....

Not the best of races but it's not that surprising given my fitness. I did expect to go a bit faster though.....

full race report in a few days...

No comments: