Saturday, April 2, 2011

4:20 am; Oceanside

Just finished one and a half PB&J bagels and am sipping my microwaved Starbucks. All locked and loaded, equipment wise.

Decided to go with my 404 Firecrest up front and the Sub-9 in the back. Don't like mixing tubbie and clincher but there ya go.

Weather-wise it's 60 degrees right now--it's about 18 degrees warmer this year than last. However, it's not supposed to change much throughout the race--mayber a high of 68. A little warmish for april but after Kona seems foolish to even mention it. Forecast calls for single digit wind speed--it did last year as well but when we climb up on Basoline road things could be different--we'll see. there seems to be a marine layer overhead or else thick, low clouds and it's supposed to be mostly cloudy throughout the race. That's nice, but we are also looking at 95% humidity so hydration will be key (newsflash I know).

In contrast to last year, I slept like a baby--not having to worry about Kona qualifying probably has something to do with that. Also having done the race before certainly helps. Maybe I'm getting a little more "mature" (probably not). I did struggle yesterday with an upset stomach. I had a couple of bouts this week so maybe I've had a low grade virus. I feel pretty good this morning although my stomach is making noises post the bagel. I hope it's not a factor but if it is I'll manage it as best as I can.

OK--time to pump the tires and head over to transition--about a 1.5 mile ride.

Talk to you latter!

No comments: