Sunday, March 27, 2011

Last week before showtime!

So next Saturday is IM Cali (Oceanside) 70.3. While I'm treating it as a "spring training" event, there is certainly a fair amount of trepidation and anticipation. I have too much respect for that bike course and for the distance itself to take it lightly.

More on the race and my plans as this week unfolds--time to shift into Long-Course pre-race mode!!!!

So this week I wanted to be a third "big" week in a row--what that means in the current context is another week in the 21-24 hour range. I found as the week dragged on and the weather became a significant drag that it was better to back off some. I effectively started my taper a little early. I still tried to hit the intensity sessions (speed work on the treadie on Friday and a solid FTP on the bike today) but I skipped some of the longer rides/runs and one of my swims. I think this was a right call--I'll give you more of the details over the next couple of days.

In any event, here are the stats for the week:

swim: 7500 yards
bike: 186 miles
run: 27 miles
time: 18:35

Showtime coming up--after Saturday a lot less guessing about how fit I am--I'm all for that one way or the other!

No comments: