Friday, February 11, 2011

Heading to California

As i write this I am somewhere over nebraska--the miracles of modern technology.

I'm excited to visit with Anders and talk over all the things he has going in his busy life.

Saturday evening I'll drive over to Palm Springs and then first thing Sunday I'll give the Half Marathon there a go. I'd like to get in decent enough shape during my "spring season" to be able to run sub-1:40 at the B&A Half-Marathon on March 6th. So my guess is that something around 1:42ish would indicate that I'm right on track. This is a 7:47/mile pace. I won't be hugely disappointed if I am as slow 1:44-1:45 (around 8 minute miles). Anything slower than that would be disappointing for sure.

In any event, I'll give it my best shot--at the very least it will be a race quality run in the bank and refine my understanding of my current run fitness....

No comments: