Sunday, January 16, 2011

The week that I needed to get through

So, I've been travelling for 5 straight weeks now....this past week was a bit ridiculous...I was busy every day somewhere else....From a life standpoint all of it was good. I was at my company's offsite yesterday and today and I gave a speech on Saturday night about the Sistine Chapel (as a metaphor) which was kinda fun! Training-wise, I punted on this week and just tried to fit maintenance workouts in when I could. My swim and bike really suffered as a result. Stats for the week:

Swim: 4000 yards
Bike: 111 miles
Run: 37.1 miles
Training time: 13:43

The good news was my run. I hit 37 miles this week and frankly I'm feeling really, really good on my run. I've run for 22 consecutive days now--all of the runs have been at least 30 minutes in length. My knee feels pretty good and I've decided to put off my next injection cycle for a few weeks at least....I had wanted to run the Icicle 10 miler today but my work obligations knocked me out. I lost a chance to get a pretty definitive snapshot of where I am with my run fitness but on the plus side, I can continue to focus on building my run fitness as I feel like I'm in a good space run-wise. I hope to step up and push my mileage up above 40 miles per week in the next few weeks. I feel like volume and frequency is what I need as I try to rebuild a semblance of competitive run fitness.

Training wise--2011 really will start tomorrow. I have a clear week next week and I'm going Monk-mode starting tomorrow...probably at least through the end of Feb. I expect next week will be a major week of training. I'm about to sit down and plan it out.

all good!

No comments: