Saturday, January 22, 2011

Body to RC--Hello!

So, not unexpectedly, I felt a little wasted this morning. My first hard week since before Kona has a way of doing that. I talked to Anders last night and he reminded me that I don't need to be killing it in mid January if my primary goal is an IM in late November.

I realize that and also realize I have a tendency to push the edge in my training. that said, I'm following my plan and the plan calls for a couple of hard weeks to jumpstart the engine. I knew I would be tired today so planned an easy day anyways with an optional FTP workout on the bike which i skipped.

I'm running a 5k tomorrow--it's suppossed to be 9 degrees (count em--and these are in Fahrenheit!), it's a slow course and I'm training right through the race so my expectations are low. That said it would be nice to do 22 minutes or so.

I do have a low grade infection of some type--ear is swollen/clogged as my body is complaining about incresed workload and caloric restriction. I'll reevaluate my plan for another tough week if need be based on how my race goes....

No comments: