Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wednesday in Kona

Judy and I went down to "The Freak Show" early and we both did a nice little swim. Judy really liked it--loved the pretty fish. I swam out to the expresso bar and had an expresso mid-swim...hard to beat that! I just did 30 minutes today. Afterwards we gawked a bit and took some pics and video....



Here is a little clip of Chrissie...she looks pretty ripped!

I went to an XC breakfast. Paula Newbie-Fraser, Lindsay Corbin, and Jon McDonald were there to give us some pointers. A couple of the folks who participated from the first IM were there as well...




Later I went out towards Hawi and then rode the last 10 miles of the bike course out and back to see how bad the wind was. It was BAD. Probably 40 mph+ gusts today. I could only average about 9-10 mph on the 7-mile climb and I sat up to deal with the cross-winds on the descent...even sitting up i was going 30 mph+ for 5-6 miles....Its going to be interesting on the ride on Saturday if the conditions are like this...the ride did give me confidence though--if I concentrate and stay very conservative I should be able to stay rightside up....

Underpants Run in the morning!

No comments: