Thursday, September 2, 2010

Confirmation on the swim

Yesterday did a 4+ hour ride followed by a 2 mile open water (non-wetsuit) swim. I swam the 2 miles in 64 minutes: 31:30/32:30 for the two miles. so this confirms that I have definitely found a valuable swim stroke key for Kona. I did feel that my stroke began to fall apart after 1.5 miles due to fatigue. I can fix that somewhat this month by logging 2-3 4000 yard pool workouts per week over the next few weeks back in Delaware. Anyways, any residual anxiety about the Kona swim is gone--I should be able to get under 80 minutes and not have near the fatigue that I had in Germany. It's not the 66 minutes I did in Florida in 2007 but even with my form tweak, I'm just not a strong non-wetsuit swimmer. Something with a 7 handle would put a smile on my face as I exited the waters in Kona for sure!

No comments: