Saturday, July 3, 2010

Seen any sheep?

I watched the two world cup games yesterday--bummer for Africa! While I had trouble at times staying awake during the games, when it came time to get some sleep--no way. finally about 3:30 am this morning I went under and got about 4 hours--my first sleep over the last 45 hours. I was a zombie when I woke up and went out for a 15 minute run and a 30 minute ride--News flash! It's still hot.

No changes on the forecast and it was more or less confirmed about no wetsuit. This will make the swim slower but I must confess it makes me a bit nervous as well. I just like the confiedence in the water the suit gives me...I'll be happy when I finally exit the water tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a long but mostly pleasant ride tomorrow. I'm going to be very conservative--tomorrow is not the day I'll set my PR. I just want to get off the bike with enough left to get myself around the run course, one way or the other.

I went to the Pasta party last night--Germans like to drink beer--I hope to join them tomorrow night!

OK--time to pack my Transition bags and check in--then it's off to a local establishment to watch Germany and Argentina...

No comments: