Friday, July 2, 2010

On the ground in Frankfurt

Uneventful flight that actually arrived about 75 minutes early. Unpacked and set-up my bike and tested it all without any drama. Registered and am in the process of preparing the three bags (no special needs for the euros!)--will finish tonight as we check all the stuff in tomorrow shortly after noon.

The big elephant in the room is of-course the heat. right now (6:15 pm) its 94 degrees. I"ve rediscovered the joy of european air-conditioning and I'd say it's about 85 degrees in my room--should make for a good sleep!

I went out to the lake today and the water temp was above 80 degrees and the rumor is no wetsuits.

The weather forecast for sunday is a high of 89 but with more humidity--dew point reaching 68 degrees (if you know dew points you know what that means!)

so there you go....

Prime objective is to finish at this point.....bummed about the weather though--it's a long ways to come to deal with conditions like these....

Yes, I know--HTFU

No comments: