Monday, April 19, 2010

morning after NOLA

Got throught the race yesterday and am feeling pretty decent this morning. Mildly disappointing results but not overly so. I had a very strong swim in very difficult swim conditions. I tried to go for it on the bike and just could not get it done. The wind in our face for the first 16-17 miles and the horrible road conditions didn't help but of more concern was my lack of "punch". I'm just not in top-notch LC bike shape. Also, I either have a fit issue on my bike or I was suffering the lingering effects from my accident but my satorius and ITB were so sore and stiff that for the last 30 miles or so i could not ride in the aero position. I can't remember the last time my swim was stronger than my bike. As for the run, leaving T2 my hip was so sore and tight and it was WAY to hot humid that I just went straight into jog mode and kept my HR in the mid 140s the whole way. Led to a pleasant but very slow run.

I'm going to look over the data in some detail this week (race report to follow) and make some adjustments but it's safe to say I need to dial up the intensity on my bike and maybe transfer some time from my swim to my run....

Had fun last night in the french quarter.....

No comments: