Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mid terms and a forced rest

So--3 mornings ago i woke up with a sore throat. Two days ago it was brutal. Yesterday--even worse....

so I backed off. I've been rolling the dice for the last 4 months in this aggressive build-up. I've been lucky from a soft-tissue perspective. It's no surprise my heavy training off of a low base would catch up to me. Especially with all of my heavy recent (real life) work load.

Better today--looks like another dodged bullet. Not what I wanted but when I step back, I've definitely achieved what I wanted to over these last 4 months....consider:

2009 average (Jan-Nov) per month:

hours: 63/month
swim yards: 20k/month
bike miles: 630/month
run miles: 71/month

Over the last 3 months here is the data:

hours: 95 +52%
swim: 41 +109%
bike: 817 +30%
run: 146 +105%

Swim and run are exactly what i was looking for.

Bike is still lagging.

Mid-terms start this Sunday with the B&A half-marathon. this will be more of an off week than I originall¥ planned but maybe OK in the long run....

we'll see

No comments: