Wednesday, February 10, 2010

AGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Unbelieveably we are getting hammered with yet another epic snowstorm--yesterday and today. I've already shoveled for close to 6 hours today. Before this storm, we here in Wilmington had already exceeded the recorded record for mso snow in a season. I'd say we've had at least 18 inches so far and probably very close to two new feet. It's kinda' absurd now. The snow piles are higher then I am in many places--I honestly don't know where I'd put much more snow.

Now the winds are zooming--sustained at 35 mph and gusting to 50+...I wanted to go out on my mountain bike (like Pete did in "What it Takes") but even I decided this was too much.

So I didn't get my swim w/o in. Nor what I wanted to do on the bike--did get a boring trainer ride in. Stepped it up on the run with 20 minutes tempo @ 7:47/mile as part of a 7 mile run. Felt very comfortable. I do feel at some point I'll be able to get my 1/2 marathon tri-run pace down around 7:30/mile again. Ran for the 11th straight day--72 miles (6.5 miles/day)--so feeling good about that!

supposed to get my next injection tomorrow morning and to go to Park City tomorrow afternoon--we'll see......

No comments: