Sunday, January 17, 2010

A man has to know his limitations

Well intended this to be a big week and in a sense it was. However, I woke up on Saturday with both knees very sore. this is standard fare the left but a relatively rare thing for the right. The 11 miler on thursday after everything else over the last 10 days may have been a bridge just a bit too far.

On Saturday, Judy and I were going to the beach to check on our place and she let me out and I rode 55 miles to our house--knees felt fine cycling but I decided to cancel my scheduled run. Today was more of the same--very achey even with a lot of ice. so just did a short trainer ride and cancelled today's long run. I will probably have to cut back a bit on M-W as well just to be safe and not sorry. Then sundance so it looks like I'll be getting a good easy week in whether I like it or not!

Anyways, the numbers for the week were:

26 hours training
246 miles biking including 2 solid long rides
34 miles running
12,000 yards swimming
some weights/EFX

The knee pain reminds me that it's been five months now since I last visited my ortho--probably time to get my knee "lubed" up again....

No comments: