Sunday, November 22, 2009

back to the future!

so i once was an Ironman. Hope to be again in 2010. My training is definitely looking more like what an IM does. A good week this week. 23 hours/219 miles on the bike/34 miles running/6750 in the pool aqnd 3 hours of weights.

The principal goal of 2009 was to take a break so that I could recapture the drive and dedication I need to succeed at IM. At this point I'd say this was a success. I've got the bug again. with 3 straight weeks of over 30 miles running I feel like I've moved past an inflection point. I can feel my fitness progressing again. My weight is falling and I'm looking forward to some big weeks next month. I believe by January that I'll be consistently hitting IM class workout weeks....

I AM PUMPED!!!!

2 comments:

Tri-James said...

If 19 - 23 hours is starting to look like IM training - how many hours will be at your peak?

rcmioga said...

LOL--23 is definitely a good IM number for sure. Clearly the intensity/quality of my workouts will need to improve a lot but I'm happy with 23 hours. Occassionally I'll get to 28-30 in the thick of it....