Wednesday, July 8, 2009

hittin a groove

So 2 real nice training weeks in the book. I actually feel almost like a real triathlete again! Last week included 22.5 hours of SBR work and led to 303 miles on the bike (after 254 the week before) and my 3rd straight 20+ run week (24.4 miles). My swimming was pretty weak but enough hopefully to keep things interesting.

Body comp is definitely changing which is nice, but I'm still quite heavy from an IM perspective. Still I feel real progress in my body (banging out 80 mile days on the bike has a way of doing that).

Trying to let my body absorb the training these next few days. Racing vincentown on Saturday (Mickey and Tom--shoud be a good test) and Sunset the following week. I'd love to get one victory out of the two races but that may be overly optimistic. Just so I don't get too carried away in this my "off" season I have a nine day sabatical planned to Canada and Minnesota for fishing and family starting on the 20th.....

ahhhhh...I love the summer life here in NJ!

peace out!

No comments: