Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Time to come home!

I went to the award ceremony last night and it turned out to be a very enjoyable affair. I sat with the CEO group again and we laughed and talked and enjoyed some good local swill. I had a chance to talk to a bunch of triathlete types as well including a real nice talk with Mark Van Arken who led the race through the swim and bike and into the run. It was interesting hearing what the race looked like through his eyes.

Afterwards we went to the Barking Parrot in the hotel and we hoisted a couple more beers. I spent most of the evening chatting with Graham Fraser about all things Ironman. Bryan hung out with us--still on cloud nine from his victory--it was nice to toast his success and share it with him. I said goodbye to my new friends around 11--for some reason I'm a little sore and tired.

Up this morning to grab some breakfast, load up and hit the road. Apparently the southern route back to Vancouver, although longer, is more scenic and now that IMC is behind me I'm all about the scenic route....

No comments: