Sunday, August 24, 2008

Race morning

Hey--I couldn't resist one last note.

Got a nice wake-up call from Judy at 3:15 as she was preparing for her big day moving Kara into NYU--how's that for service!

I slept pretty well despite the noise here--I think all the non-participants were celebrating that their weird obsessive triathletes were finally in bed.

I'm having my traditional pre-race bagels with organic peanut butter and jelly--this is the formula Anders and I have honed through the years. Also drinking my cold Starbucks--pretty good all things considered.

Weather forecasts are somewhat at odds but generally it looks low 60s with mostly cloudy at the start. clouds will build throughout the bike and the temp will rise into the mid 70s with rain expected at some point (hopefully late or at the end of the bike). The wind is forecasted to build to 20-30 mph as the afternoon wears on. I'm actually in favor of the wind--anything that makes the bike longer is good for the home team. That's as long as i control my 808/sub-9 wheels...

anyways good to go--beem me energy....I'll need it!

rc

No comments: