Thursday, April 24, 2008

Plan A/Plan B/Plan C

Update on my Kona qualification plans:

Plan A: I go sub 4:40 and qualify at Eagleman70.3 in early June.  I use IMAUS 5 weeks latter as a high quality brick workout but am careful/conservative on both the bike and run to minimize post w/o down time (this means rather than hammering out an 11 hour IM, I'll cruise to a 12:30-13 hour w/o and very little taper).   I'd then skip IMCAN and build for Hawaii.

Plan B: I don't qualify at Eagleman70.3.  I use IMAUS to experiment with the bike.  I'll ride VERY conservatively and try to focus on going sub 4 hours on the marathon.  I'd go into a maintenance mode/taper up to IMCAN and try to qualify there in late August.  Then maintenance cycle again and race Kona in October.

Plan C: I fail to qualify at IMCAN in Plan B above and end the year at the US National Long Course Championship in Nevada which I have already qualified for and entered.

No comments: